Find it Fast

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Yoga Ritual with Adriene

This previous week I had the joy of going through a yoga program in Yoga with Adriene's member website.  The experience is a great one and I am planning on returning to it often.

It is a 7 day program called Yoga Ritual, a morning practice that starts with 15 minutes of movement and a 5 minute meditation.  During each of these she has a focus, here are the themes as well as the centering thought that I had with each practice.

     ◈ Day 1: Ground - My intention for the 7 days was to be patient with my thoughts, body and journey.  I can't expect all my goals to be met "now".  They joy is in the journey.
     ◈ Day 2: Stretch - I find that I am stretched too thin, always pushing to get the next thing done. A broken mind or body can't perform well. I need to take the time to rest both to be at my best.
     ◈ Day 3: Core - Our lives take a lot of strength, taking the time to build a strong core makes each aspect a little easier. A strong centered mind, body & soul brings about a strong journey.
     ◈ Day 4: Oxygen - This is one of the best days!!  Oh, to breathe is to be alive.
     ◈ Day 5: Detox - I like to think of detoxing as rinsing.  We can rinse the body of tension, rinse the mind of negative thoughts and rinse the soul of unhappiness.
     ◈ Day 6: Power - Powerful practices are some of my favorites, they leave me feeling like I truly can do anything.  Anything is possible.
     ◈ Day 7: Ease - I began today feeling very sore and tired.  This was a lovely reminder to be gentle with my mind, body and soul.

Along with the program she encourages you to have your own ritual, her suggestion is starting the morning off with a glass of lemon water and a walk each day, any length.  Here is a calendar that she provided to be able to keep track of the journey through the ritual.

For my ritual, I did an extra meditation and journaling each morning.  Each evening I did some movement to improve my strength or endurance.

At the end of the 7th day she also invites you to continue the ritual for 30 days.  I can definitely see the benefit for continuing the ritual as the 7 days certainly helped me feel more centered and relaxed.

Overall the program is great for beginners as well as intermediate and a ritual is definitely something to incorporate in your day to day.  As Adriene always says, find what feels good.  If her suggestions don't work for you...then find what does!!

Featured Image Credit: yogawithadriene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment